Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Evanescent Korean Dreams

It seems like my Korea adventure may be over before it begins. That job offer I received last week? Retracted. Major bummer. It's really disappointing, but it has nothing at all to do with me. My recruiter told me that they "forgot" that another recruiting company "owed" them someone for free and decided to just go with that person. I don't blame them. Why pay for things you can get for free??

It just means that I am, yet again, super, ultra stressed out about finding a job in Korea. Maybe it's not in the stars for me.

Not to fragment this post, but I must combine this disappointing news with something to lift my spirits and that doesn't make me nauseous with panic: I am still studying for the GRE, however, and with more confidence now that I've taken a few practice tests and have done well with them. I was most surprised by my math score on my last practice test--156 (it's out of 170), and that's without knowing hardly any geometry, without knowing how to calculate variations and whatnot. Now that I've actually studied the math, I'm feeling much more confident. My goal is 160+ for verbal and 155+ for math. I think I'm well on my way to meeting that goal! Only another two days until the test! Wish me luck!!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment